Home Chef is looking for Operational Excellence Managers for three locations: Chicago, IL, Atlanta, GA, and San Bernadino, CA.
The Operational Excellence Manages will report to the Operational Excellence Director.
• Home Chef (www.homechef.com) is a Chicago-based e-commerce meal delivery service that aims to make cooking well easy by delivering fresh ingredients and step-by-step recipe cards every week straight to customers' doorstep.
• Home Chef was founded in 2013 and has seen hyper-growth; 25x growth in 2015, and 6x growth YTD in 2016 – we are targeting extremely aggressive growth over the next few years
• To help fulfill their ambitious growth goals, they are looking for highly motivated self-starters who embody Home Chef values of putting the customer first, building a best-in-class team, pursuing excellence, and taking ownership of their work.
• Work with the Operational Excellence team on cross-functional special projects that span production, procurement, quality assurance, warehousing, and customer service
• Coordinate with operations managers to plan daily production, set targets, and track productivity
• Fully understand production processes from start to finish and identify areas for where Home Chef can streamline operations, reduce costs, or deploy new technologies
• Ensure smooth and sustained implementation of new processes by coordinating with all necessary parties
• Coach, teach, and train production staff on fundamentals of operational excellence and continuous improvement practices
• Results-oriented attitude; able to multi-task and get things done in a fast-paced environment
• Very comfortable with technology (excel and/or other analytics tools) and troubleshooting basic issues
• Interpersonal skills to work with team members in both production and corporate environments
• Excellent analytics and critical thinking, with strong attention to detail
• Ability to think “outside-the-box” when identifying and recommending operational improvements
• Interest in the food, e-Commerce, start-up space
• Some travel may be required as part of this position
• 2-3 years of work experience in production management, CI operations role, or data analytics; top ranked candidates strongly preferred