The Janssen Supply Chain (JSC) is a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets around the world. With Quality as its primary focus, this group strives to provides access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with their R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need.
External Supply Integration (ESI) Project Lead
Responsible for managing the manufacturing operations of contract suppliers to ensure that products are available to meet customer needs. This position will support the ESI Director in:
• Identifying new external manufacturers and evaluating their capabilities
• Obtaining quotes from external manufacturers
• Managing costs and feasibility requests at external sites
• Leading projects at external manufacturing sites
The ESI Project Lead will:
• Influence and support J&J strategy by providing input to JSC Operations on the Process and Purchasing Councils and product Marketing groups, as applicable.
• Benchmark other J&J and external companies and industries to identify improvements and best in class processes to support Contract Manufacturing and development business initiatives
• Assess contractor capacity and capabilities to support sourcing and ensure JSC’s needs can be met. Lead contractor/affiliate assessment and new product implementation in coordination with the Technical Development group. This includes visits to contract manufacturing sites and potential contract manufacturing facilities. Establish/define technology transfer expectations and supply strategy
• Establish performance metrics and performance targets for contractors, with the goal of improving processes and systems, and eliminating redundancies. Track, reconcile and report results as required.
• Develop and negotiate supply agreements and/or contracts, holding all organizations accountable. Align systems and metrics through agreement(s) and manage compliance to contract. This includes performing competitive cost analyses, overall cost management, and identification of cost reduction opportunities.
• Develop and ensure implementation of an overall sourcing strategy for contractor sites. Develop process for the assessment of supplier cost, quality, capacity, technical capabilities, best practices capabilities, security and compliance to align with the Supply Chain.
• Define and establish priorities, requirements, expectations, results, and customer/supplier needs between JSC, suppliers, and supply chain partners through the use of Service Level Agreements and Supply Contracts.
• Manage implementation of product launch plans at contractors to ensure that product is available within predetermined timeframe.
• Develop and manage implementation plan. Manage cross-functional teams to meet customer timelines with zero non-conformances.
• Serve as the focal point for information and determine appropriate action when key issues remain unresolved.
• BA/BS Degree (preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or similar technical discipline)
• Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
• A minimum of two 2 years of professional experience
• This position is located in Raritan, NJ and may require up to 25% domestics and/or international travel
• Strategic thinking
• Decision Making
• End to End Process Understanding
• Understanding of Supply chain Optimization, compliance and business case development
• Ability to solve complex, unusual problems independently.
• Works closely with senior management both within and outside JSC to use influence to reach decisions.
• Ability to self-direct, plan and execute. Escalates issues as appropriate.
Apply online: http://bit.ly/2dn7XgY